All are able bodied, fit and competent to carry out the duties of a Security Guard (whether armed or unarmed). The principle requirements for recruitment are fitness, discipline, English literacy and intelligence. All guards undergo a vetting process by the Police Criminal Investigation Department. Once vetted, they are provided with a Clearance Certificate which enables them to undergo a security training course. Every recruit undergoes our rigorous internationally managed training course at our dedicated training facility.
The VSS Armed Guard force personnel have previous military experience and undergo an initial 12 day unarmed security guard training course. After successfully passing the unarmed training they undergo a further intense 5 day theoretical & practical training course specific to the particular weapon which will be issued to them. The course is run to international standards on firearms handling, rules of engagement, as well as local legislation pertaining to the possession, handling & use of firearms. The training is conducted by an International Training Manager.
VSS unarmed guards are all civilians. Like the armed recruits the unarmed guards undergo a 12 day unarmed security guard training course. This prepares them to fulfil their role as security guards, including access control, traffic management, crisis management, incident response, foot patrols, surveillance as well as basic first aid and fire-fighting.
VSS Close Protection Officers (CPO’s) work around your requirements and schedule. VSS can offer you 24 hour protection during your stay within South Sudan.
All VSS CPO’s are weapons and first aid trained. VSS can offer you armed or unarmed CPO’s depending on your requirements.
SECURITY AUDITS & SECURITY RISK ASSESSMENTS
VSS expat management are all experienced in conducting audits and risk assessments, catering to the clients individual security needs.
CASH IN TRANSIT
VSS offers two options for a Cash in Transit service with a case sensitive proposal to the client prior to any collection of cash or other valuables.
Option 1 – VSS offers the use of dedicated and specially manufactured CIT armoured vehicles which clients can rent on a daily basis. VSS will provide its own driver and a second back-up vehicle as part of the CIT move. VSS will collect the cash and deliver it to a specified location.
Option 2 – VSS offer a service where a three man team will escort the client’s designated person from a designated point and accompany them to the drop off.
Clients remain responsible for ensuring they have sufficient insurance cover and VSS will only collect sealed boxes.
VSS offers armed & unarmed convoy escort services for cargo & personnel.
VSS has a depth of experience in crisis evacuation planning and execution. VSS can provide bespoke evacuation plans for your organisation with both air and road options.
AIRPORT MEET & GREET
Enjoy a hassle free arrival at Juba International Airport by using the VSS ‘Meet and Greet’ service. You will be met airside by a member of the VSS management team and taken to a lounge where you can relax while we process your documentation. Once your baggage has been collected, we will convey you to your hotel, appointment, residence or place of work.
VSS can offer clients in-country training for:
- First Aid
- Situation Awareness
- Security Guards
PERSONNEL & ASSET TRACKING
VSS offers a Personal, Vehicle and an Asset tracking service within South Sudan. The system is a Hybrid system which utilizes both GPRS and GSM for communication links between the unit and the VSS control room. The unit is pre-programmed to send specific encoded messages at dedicated intervals which are then decoded in the VSS control room. The management software provides remote operations such as disabling the vehicle. VSS will continuously monitoring the device. The system is linked to all major online maps ie. Google maps, Tracks for Africa etc.
VSS uses one specific brand of hardware for the Personal, Vehicle and Asset tracking which offers very powerful positioning hardware. The vehicle tracking units have a range of optional extras – for example
- Panic buttons
- Early movement warning sensor
VSS offer as a standard package the response and recovery service for clients.
VSS can provide a detailed monthly report to clients with specific details on routes used, driver behaviour i.e. speeding, harsh braking etc.
TECHNICAL SECURITY SERVICES
VSS has a range of electronic security products to enhance the overall safety and security of client premises.
Some of those products include: –
- Panic & intruder alarm systems
- CCTV Systems
- Bio-Metric (Fingerprint) and proximity card or pin electronic access control systems
- Electronic door locks
- Turnstile gates, single or bi-directional entry
- Smoke and fire alarm systems
- Electric fencing – linked to an electronic alarm system
- Motion activated security lighting – LED 30 – 300Watt
The Panic, Intruder alarms and electric fence systems will be linked, via a VHF connection, to the VSS Control Center in Juba, which is manned 24/7. In the event of any alarm activation in Juba, the VSS Rapid Response Team will be dispatched to the location to deal with any eventuality.
WHY USE VSS SECURITY?
Why you should use VSS
- Corporate Safety. Support and trust from the host nation due to the reintegration strategy for former soldiers. Business ethics and the employment opportunities we create.
- Training. All guards are trained and tested on a highly demanding and professionally organised training course. The basic training course is 12 days and the refresher training course is 6 days. After completion of the basic training course Armed Guards undergo an intense 5 day theoretical and practical weapons related training course. The course entails international standards on firearms handling, rules of engagement as well as local legislation pertaining to the possession, handling & use of firearms. The training is conducted by an International Training Manager.
- Strength and Depth of Management. We respond to problems immediately through contact from our International team. Currently, VSS employs 6 International Managers, all with considerable security experience and over 25 local managers, all of whom have been developed from within our own ranks.
- Compliance. VSS is a South Sudan registered company. All required certificates and licenses, both corporate and individual are held.
- Insurance. VSS holds a high level of insurance; Public Liability $2M; Employer Liability $1.4; Group Personal Accident (Workers’ Compensation).